There are signs and symptoms associated with dental infections, which can be caused by tooth cavity or a broken tooth.
Signs are something apparent by observation and they can include:
– The presence of darkened area on the tooth
– The presence of breakage within the tooth
– The gum area has a swollen pustule which may have pus coming out.
– Tooth mobility
– Swollen lymph node around the lower jaw.
Symptoms are sensual abnormalities and they can incude:
– Pain on chewing
– Pain on touching the tooth
– Increased sensitivity to cold and the sensation last for more than 10 seconds
– Spontaneous dental pain and often described as throbbing.
– Pain waking you up at night
If you have any of the above signs and symptoms, please contact our dental office for evaluation. We can take complete radiographs and thorough examinations to determine if you really have dental infections.
Written by Daniel Tee, DDS, MS
Family Dental Office in Tempe AZ
Serving the city of Tempe, Chandler, Phoenix, Gilbert, and Mesa in Arizona. Practicing General Dentist